About Stannah ACME
Over 30 years serving Southern and Northern California. Family owned and operated.
What We Do
Our friendly staff is available to answer all you stairlift, elevator and home lift questions.
Our installers are professionally trained and licensed in California
We service all our products if the need arises
We are now a Stannah company
In 2018, ACME Home Elevator became a division of Stannah, a 150-year-old family business and a world-leader in the lift industry. Since then, ACME has operated as an extension of Stannah, specializing in the same mobility and accessibility equipment we’ve offered for decades. Our range includes stairlifts, wheelchair lifts, homelifts and residential elevators.
ACME Home Elevator was founded in 1987 by Terry Pope. Terry had worked in the commercial elevator industry for over 17 years when he recognized the growing need for well-built and reliable stairlifts and home elevators. As part of his commitment to the Home Elevator and Accessibility field:
- He sat on the ASME A17.1 committee for Private Residence Elevators.
- He was a founding member of the ASME A18.1 committee for Stairway Lifts and Platform Lifts.
- He is a former member of the ASME A18.1 committee and ASME A17.1 committee for Inclined Elevators.
- He was a member of the group that developed the California Title 8 code covering Article 15 Access lifts.
- He was a member of the group that developed Certified Accessibility and Residential Technician, (CAT) training program for the National Association of Elevator Contractors (NAEC). The CAT program is designed to add a minimum level of knowledge for technicians and trainers in our industry
This dedication to safety and quality, combined with customer focus as a core value, and our beginnings as a family owned and operated company made the transition to becoming a Stannah company easy. For over 30 years we’ve provided our customers with Stannah Stairlifts and ACME Home Elevators and lifts. We look forward to another 30+ years serving the California community’s home lift and accessibility needs.